This fall, get ready to enjoy the conference season for workforce professionals. Here are some of the top conferences across the U.S. that will help you learn from peers and build industry connections. The ed2go team will be attending many of these events, so be sure to come by the booth or drop a note to say hello!
*Listed in chronological order
1. Meeting of the Minds – California Workforce Association (CWA)
September 6-8, 2022, Monterey, CA.
Encouraging workforce leaders to discuss impending challenges and how to face them courageously.
CWA will offer practical advice and actionable tips for a range of organizations, including those trying to provide key services to a targeted audience, those striving to access a skilled talent pool, and those struggling with managing multiple stakeholders. You’ll leave better prepared to work purposely and connect your policies to program design and delivery, as the world transitions into the “new economy.”
2. SHIFT – The Future of Workforce – National Fund for Workforce Solutions
September 27-29, 2022, Minneapolis, MN.
Are you ready to SHIFT the Future of Workforce in a changing world?
This two-day event will give you an exciting opportunity to network with hundreds of workforce practitioners, companies, funders, and community partners to talk about workers and the workforce like never before. Key session topics include:
- Occupational segregation and how to shift its drivers
- Improving the quality of early childhood education careers
- Building equitable and inclusive aviation pathways
- Designing workforce programs for immigrant workers
3. Partners for Workforce and Economic Development Conference – New York Association of Training and Employment Professionals (NYATEP)
October 3-5, 2022, Niagara Falls, NY
The New York statewide workforce development association conference.
The NYATEP conference is being organized in partnership with the New York State Economic Development Council. It will feature up to 20 workshops, including topics:
- New ideas for supportive services (such as transport, childcare, and accommodation)
- Economic and workforce development collaboration
- Approaches for effective and long-term business engagement
- Developing industry-based programs and regional career paths
- Leveraging technology for service delivery
4. Annual Conference – Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
November 16-18, 2022, Chicago, IL
Bridging the gap between academia and the workplace.
This hybrid experience is an exceptional opportunity to learn from educationalists, companies, and community leaders that focus on aligning knowledge and employment so that adults accomplish incessant economic growth.
5. Building Bridges > > Expanding Opportunities – National Council for Workforce Education (NCCWE)
October 12-13, 2022, Portland, OR
Blazing Trails to Circumvent Barriers: Supporting Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging.
Experts from across the U.S. will gather to talk about the importance of employer engagement and partnerships, program development, and review with a lens of embedding DEIB into college culture and practices.
Check out the following conferences later this year!
6. Workforce Development Institute (WDI) – American Association of Community Colleges
January 18-21, 2023, in Indian Wells, CA.
The premier event for new and experienced community college-based workforce and economic development experts.
This year’s program features an exciting lineup of speakers from across the U.S. who will talk about innovative approaches and favorable practices to reimagine the workforce and economic development.
7. Annual Conference National Council for Continuing Education and Training (NCCET)
February 28 to March 3, 2023, Nashville, TN
How institutions can benefit from continuing education programs and training services.
The event will be packed with informative and valuable sessions that focus on colleges and how every institute can support continuing education and training services. The breakout sessions will teach you about ground-breaking staff development programs, profit generation tactics, and new curriculum programs based on the NCCET certification.
8. Annual Conference University Professional & Continuing Education Association (UPCEA)
March 22-24, 2023, in Washington, D.C
Partnerships, collaboration, access, resilience, and inclusion.
Learn from frontrunners involved in pioneering international partnerships, interdisciplinary programs, and local collaborations focused on equity. Reconnect and join conversations with leaders who are grappling with issues of sustainability and access. Themes for this year’s conference include:
9. National Association of Workforce Development (NAWDP)
May 8-10, 2023, in New Orleans, LA
Bringing together workforce experts from across the U.S.
NAWDP’s 2023 Conference aims to bring together workforce experts from across the U.S. to talk about best practices and approaches to boost the workforce. All sessions will target participants from the full range of career experience in the industry, from senior management to entry-level workers.
10. Horizons – Jobs for the Future (JFF)
June 14-15, 2023, in New Orleans, LA
Transforming the education and workforce systems.
This year’s event focuses on seeking input from innovators and leaders about creating an equitable economic future. You will get an opportunity to spend time with partners and like-minded organizations that strive to create a more inclusive economy.