A changing job market means up-to-date knowledge and industry-recognized credentials have higher value. To prepare your students for a career, we regularly retire and replace courses. The following courses will be retired, so we recommend directing your students to these titles instead:
Fundamentals courses discontinued on August 29, 2018:
- Photoshop Elements 12 for the Digital Photographer (p21) and Photoshop Elements 12 for the Digital Photographer II (p22) will be retired due to outdated curriculum and low enrollment. However, our Photoshop Elements for the Digital Photographer (p31) is continually updated and would be the better option for students interested in learning photo editing skills.
- Mac, iPhone, and iPad Programming (mip) will be retired due to outdated course content and low enrollment.
Advanced Career Training courses discontinued on September 7, 2018:
- Certified SAS Base Programmer Certification Training (GES391) and Apache Cassandra Training (GES380) will both be cancelled due to outdated curriculum. Our Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Developer (GES 336) course is an ideal alternative for students looking to master database software and build their professional profile.
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) (GES382) is being cancelled due to outdated course content. We offer two Information Systems titles that will prepare your students for industry-preferred certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) (GES367) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). According to Burning Glass data on current workforce demand, CISSP is the 22nd most valuable certificate in today’s job market, while CISA ranks 35th.
Advanced Career Training course revisions on September 11, 2018:
- Advanced Hospital Coding and CCS Prep (Voucher Included) (GES104) will include the CCS certification examination voucher and course hours will increase from 80 to 100. There is no price increase for this course.
If you are not already offering these suggested courses, they are currently available in the course catalog. If you plan to replace the Advanced Career Training titles on the Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL), you should apply for approval as soon as possible. If you need more information, please contact your account manager.