PHARMACY TECHNICIAN PROGRAM UPDATES
On August 23rd 2016, ed2go will release a revision to the Pharmacy Technician program. Some of these changes are in preparation for regulatory requirements going into effect in 2020.
- An additional 70 clock hours of content in preparation for new regulatory requirements (from 330 hours to 400 hours)
- Each lesson has been expanded to include more in-depth and hands-on activities and assignments
- New lab lessons have been incorporated with a new and improved lab kit and lab manual
- The course of the program will also include the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) voucher for the Pharmacy Technician Certification exam PTCE (this will replace the current NHA voucher included in the program because it is only valid in certain jurisdictions)
- New simulation – Virtual Medication Safety for Technicians
- New simulation – Virtual Inventory Management for Technicians
- The new and improved Pharmacy Technician program will have over 11 hours of simulations in preparation for new regulatory requirements
- An optional Medical Math self-paced tutorial for students that may need a little more help with math portion of Pharmacy Technician program
- A new optional customer service lesson (More than 90% of Pharmacy Technician job postings mention customer service skills)
- An optional Career Roadmap lesson to help students find a job fast
- Student membership to the National Pharmacy Technician Association (a great line item on a new Pharm Tech resume)
Due to the additional content added, ed2go will have a price bump in Pharmacy Technician program effective March 17, 2017.
However, new students enrolling in the Pharmacy Technician program between 8/23/16 and 3/17/17 will have access to this new and improved Pharmacy Technician program at the current price.
On March 17, 2017 the new prices will be the following:
Suggested Retail Price: $2,495
For partners who are offering this program at our suggested retail price, we’ll automatically adjust this pricing to reflect our new SRP.
For partners who deviate from the suggested retail price for this program, we’ll automatically update your retail price to reflect your current margin.
Example: If a program wholesale price is $1,000 and you have your retail price set at $1,500 and we raise our wholesale price to $1,500, we will adjust your retail price to $2,000 so you still receive $500 revenue on the program.
WHY THE CHANGES
These changes will allow our program to maintain approval for Pharmacy Technicians and meet the regulatory requirements going into effect in 2020. These changes will also better prepare your students with the skills and resume building activities they need in order to help them get the job they want.
Here are some helpful links about the upcoming regulatory changes for Pharmacy Technicians:
What Partners Need To DoProgram Price Changes: Partners do not need to make price changes on their own. ed2go will change prices for you based on your current pricing structure.
- For partners who are offering this program at our suggested retail price, we’ll automatically adjust this pricing to reflect our new SRP.
- For partners who deviate from the suggested retail price for this program, we’ll automatically update your retail price to reflect your current margin.
For assistance with updating program pricing in your catalog, read this article
Otherwise, no further action is needed on your end in the OAC.
Be sure to let your Account Manager know if you have any questions or concerns. Click here to get your Account Manager’s contact information.