Our catalog is constantly changing, but that’s a good thing! Read below about how you can supplement the following canceled and soon to-be-discontinued courses to better serve your students:
Advanced Career Training courses discontinued on September 7, 2018:
- CTFL Certification Training (GES389) has been discontinued due to outdated content. While there are no exact alternatives for this course, we encourage you to browse other career training courses.
- Certified SAS Base Programmer Certification Training (GES391) and Apache Cassandra Training (GES380) were cancelled due to outdated curriculum. Our Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Developer (GES 336) course is an ideal alternative for students looking to master database software and build their professional profile.
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) (GES382) has been cancelled due to outdated course content. We offer two Information Systems titles that will prepare your students for industry-preferred certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) (GES367) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). According to Burning Glass data on current workforce demand, CISSP is the 22nd most valuable certificate in today’s job market, while CISA ranks 35th.
Advanced Career Training courses discontinued on October 8, 2018:
- Personal Fitness Trainer (GES115) will be discontinued due to outdated course content. However, NASM Certified Personal Trainer + Corrective Exercise (GES162) focuses on corrective exercise and assessment, closing with a certificate from the National Academy of Sports Medicine. This course also teaches muscle activation and inhibitory techniques, opening career pathways in athletic training and physical therapy.
- Advanced Personal Fitness Trainer (GES105) will be discontinued due to outdated course content. NASM Personal Trainer + Performance Enhancement (GES161) teaches integrated, total-body personal training and concludes with National Academy of Sports Medicine certification, the preferred credential of sports training professionals.
What Partners Need to Do:
You do not need to take any action as the discontinued courses will be removed from your catalog automatically on the above-mentioned date. If you are not already offering the suggested alternative courses, they are currently available in the course catalog.
If you plan to replace these Advanced Career Training titles on the Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL), you should apply for approval as soon as possible. For more information, please contact your account manager.
What Enrolled Students Need to Do:
Students currently enrolled in these courses will able to finish the course with no change to the curriculum.